Everything You Need to Know About Sterling Silver

Everything You Need to Know About Sterling Silver

Written by Sadie Pratt

What exactly is sterling silver? 


Sterling silver indicates that at least 92.5% of that piece is pure silver, where the remaining 7.5% can be composed of another metal. In the jewelry world, the other metal combined is usually copper. The combination of other metal added in with the silver allows the metal to last longer with better quality. All of our silver pieces are made with sterling silver to guarantee stability and resilience.

A Little History…


Sterling silver became popular during the Victorian Era of the 13th century. It was used in fine dining as well as used for jewelry for centuries. King Edward I of England issued that all sterling silver pieces have a “925” stamped on the jewelry. So, if you ever see a 925 on any silver jewelry pieces today, you can bet it’s sterling silver!

The Benefits of Sterling Silver Jewelry


For us… Sterling Silver is a beautiful material that is malleable to work with. It can be hammered, shaped and molded into whatever design we envision. It allows us to create unique pieces, using both simple and textured techniques to make our jewelry designs special! 


For you… Who doesn’t want an authentic piece of jewelry that captures simplistic beauty? Sterling Silver is real silver that is both lightweight and easy to care for. It is perfect as a stand alone piece, or perhaps in a layering design with other sterling silver pieces or even with gold jewelry! We think silver and gold pieces can be paired together or stand alone, it’s really up to you! That’s the fun of jewelry; it has no rules! 


Sources: “History of Sterling Silver.” Braybrook & Britten, https://www.braybrook.co.uk/pages/history-of-sterling-silver. 



Continue reading

Q&A with Founder Francesca D'Elia

Q&A with Founder Francesca D'Elia

Hoop Earrings: Power Through History

Hoop Earrings: Power Through History